Before you start hyping the NBA’s young style icons too much, remember this: Dwyane Wade is the originator. He’s the ring leader, the harbinger of everything that professional basketball is embracing in 2015: entertaining, experimental, eccentric personal style. Wade has been pushing the limits of the NBA’s dress code for a decade and while other players clamored for traditional acceptance, Wade exploded past them all.
Stance Sports recognized his individual aesthetic and together they partnered to create a new signature sock line for the NBA champion in 2013. Since then, Stance created official NBA All-Star Game socks and now, this year, they’ve produced the official in-game socks across the league. But before that, they developed a following through the Wade Collection and now they’re releasing the Golden Thread Holiday collection, available exclusively at Champs Sports. Accompanying that drop will be a special #UnlockWade giveaway on Twitter.
To get involved in the #UnlockWade program, make sure you’re using that #UnlockWade hashtag on Twitter while wearing your freshest Stance Socks lineup. The more often you post the hashtag, the more levels get unlocked. With four levels of prizes, where the grand prize is a trip to Miami to meet Wade and go to a Heat game, you’re gonna want to show off your flyest looks in the illest settings. See below for the full details:
– Level 1: $10 off $25 or more coupons
– Level 2: Stance socks for a year
– Level 3: D. Wade Signed Jerseys
– Level 4: Wade Grand Prize
Dwyane Wade, Champs Sports, and Stance Socks are teaming up this holiday season to bring you some sock swag. This year, look out for the Golden Thread Collection and tag those pics. We hope you’re ready. Official rules below.
Unlock Wade Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least thirteen (13) years old. Individuals who are minors, however, must have permission from their parent or legal guardian to enter. Employees of Foot Locker Retail, Inc. d/b/a Champs Sports (“Sponsor”), Stance, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on November 18, 2015 and there will be four (4) Entry Periods according to the schedule below. To be eligible, an entry must be received by the drawing time set forth below. Entries that are not selected in one drawing will carry forward to subsequent drawings. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. Drawings and Prizes: Sponsor will select potential winners in random drawings of all eligible entries received as of the drawing dates set forth below. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received at the time of the applicable drawing.
Entry Period Drawing Date
(The drawing will take place at 12:00 PM PT on the earlier of the two dates set forth below.) Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
1. The day after 5,000 eligible entries are received OR November 21, 2015. Five hundred (500) Third Prize winners will each receive a coupon redeemable at Champs Sports for $10 off any purchase of $25 or more.
2. The day after 10,000 eligible entries are received OR November 25, 2015. Fifty (50) Second Prize winners will each receive 12 pairs of Stance socks. ARV: $216.
3. The day after 15,000 eligible entries are received OR November 29, 2015. Ten (10) First Prize winners will each receive a basketball jersey autographed by Dwayne Wade. ARV: $100
4. The day after 16,000 eligible entries are received OR December 3, 2015. Three (3) Grand Prize winners will each receive a trip to Miami for two (2) people on January 31, 2016 to meet Dwyane Wade. See additional details below.
5. Potential Winner Requirements: Sponsor will send a direct message from the @champsports handle to each potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. Make sure your Twitter settings allow you to receive direct messages from Sponsor. If a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours, he/she may be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate entrant in a random drawing of the remaining correct entries. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, Sponsor may select an alternate entrant in a random drawing of all remaining entries.
6. Prize Details:
(a) Grand Prize: The prize includes: (a) round-trip coach-class airfare for the winner and a guest from a major airport near the winner’s home to Miami; (b) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for (2) nights; (c) two (2) tickets to watch a basketball game on January 31, 2016, plus post-game meet and greet with Dwyane Wade; (d) one (1) meal for the winner and guest at Dwyane Wade’s favorite Miami Restaurant; (e) one (1) $500 Visa gift card; (f) one (1) $500 Champs Sports gift card; and (g) twelve (12) pairs of Stance socks. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $5,040. The actual value of the prize will vary depending on various factors, including the point of departure and date of booking. The winner must be able to travel between January 30, 2016 and February 1, 2016. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the winner lives near Miami, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If the winner is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The winner’s guest may be required to sign a liability release prior to issuance of travel documents. Once travel documents are issued, no changes can be made. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary.
(b) For all Prizes: Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Level 1: Value of 500 Coupons $5,000, Level 2: Value of 12 socks for 50 people each is $10,800, Level 3: Value of 10 Wade Jerseys is $1,000, Level 4: Value of three Grand Prizes is $5,040 each or $15,120 total. The total ARV of all prizes offered is $31,920
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received by the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Stance, Inc., Twitter, Instagram, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
11. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Foot Locker Retail, Inc. d/b/a Champs Sports, 112 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10120. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Twitter.