This year’s NBA All-Star Weekend in New York City is a massive event for sneakerheads. We have multiple collections and special signature colorways from just about everyone, and it seems like every player involved in Sunday’s big showcase game has a story to tell through his footwear.
On top of that, Russell Westbrook is no longer the league’s lone scion of style; everyone will be stunting hard this weekend. The cherry on top? Kanye West and adidas will also finally officially unveil the artist’s new shoe. The sneaker fiends are going to feel overwhelmed.
However, All-Star Weekend just got even better. That’s because adidas and Champs Sports are teaming up for an exclusive Chasing Icons Instagram Scavenger Hunt.
Beginning Thursday morning and going from Thursday through Sunday, Champs will be posting three clues on IG each day around noon EST. Those three posts will lead to an iconic New York City landmark. Follow along, test your knowledge of the big city, and be the first to arrive on the scene. If you can pull it off, you’ll be looking at a ton of exclusive adidas product and access to VIP experiences. For now, the prizes and locations are secret. Just know that they’ll be hot.
You’ll find the rules for the action below. Read up, digest it all, make sure you’re following Champs Sports on Instagram, and get ready for what’s sure to be a highlight of the biggest basketball weekend of the year.
image via nosha/Flickr Creative Commons
Follow Sean on Twitter at @seanesweeney
*** *** ***
Chasing adidas Icons with Champs Sports 2015
Scavenger Hunt Promotion
Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is sponsored by adidas America, Inc., d/b/a adidas (the “Sponsor”). Offered only in the state of New York to legal residents of the fifty U.S. (who currently physically reside in the U.S.) 18 or older, and who have a smart phone or other wireless device capable of internet access, and an Instagram account on or before noon February 12, 2015 (eligible “entrant” or “participant”). Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate: employees, officers and directors of either Sponsor, Foot Locker Retail, Inc., d/b/a Champs Sports, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, or divisions, and the advertising and promotional agencies, and independent contractors, agents, assigns and brand/company ambassadors of any of the above organizations (hereinafter referred to, including Sponsor, as the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate families (parents, spouse, children, siblings including foster and step-relations), or persons, whether related or not, living in the same household as any of the individuals in the preceding categories.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. The information you provide will be used as stated herein, and for purpose of this Promotion, in accordance with Sponsors’ privacy policies.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD, EVENT DATES AND LOCATIONS: The Promotion begins on or about 12 p.m. ET on February 12, 2015 and ends on or about 1:30 pm ET on February 15, 2015, or upon eligible prize claim at the final location (as provided herein) whichever is sooner (“Promotion Period”). There will be four separate Scavenger Hunt events held during the Promotion Period, one for each participating location (each is an “Event”). The Events are scheduled to begin with the first clue being released on Instagram for Event #1 on or about 12pm ET on 2/12, and for Events #2, #3, and #4 on or about 12 noon ET on 2/13, 2/14 and 2/15 respectively; each Event is scheduled to end upon final eligible prize claim at each Event’s location, or 1.5 hours after the first clue is released for the respective Event, whichever occurs soonest (“Event Period”). All dates, times, Events, clues and locations and information are subject to change in Sponsors’ absolute discretion.
3. SCAVENGER HUNT EVENT PARTICIPATION: Clues as to the identity of each of four (4) participating secret locations within NYC and Event/Promotion specific messaging will be communicated prior to each Event via Instagram to existing Champs Sports and adidas Instagram followers and may be communicated via additional social media channels directing them to search for location clues on Instagram. For each Event, a clue will be released via Instagram on or about the starting time as provided above. Five minutes thereafter a second clue will be released providing a little more specificity as to the location, then five minutes after that, a third and final clue will be released providing more specificity as to the location. Once the clue is released, participant will analyze the clue for the identity of the location. All locations will be within New York City and a Promotion specific prominently dressed authorized representative of Sponsor will be present at each location (“Authorized Representative”). The participants to appear in person at the location and comply with all prize claim requirements will be eligible for the respective prize available depending on their timing. Participants must participate individually not as a team, only individuals will be eligible to win a Prize. Information provided becomes the property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
Event Prize Claim Requirements: Within each Event Period (and subject to verification and compliance), the first eligible participant to use the clue(s) to identify the location, safely reach the location in person, AND identify themselves to the Sponsor’s Authorized Representative and show them the applicable Event post clue (eligible “prize claim”) may be eligible for the respective Prize for which they qualify based on their timing. Potential winners must execute and return the required release documents or else prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate qualifying potential winner at the Event based on time. Once all eligible prize claims have been made for an Event, the Event will be deemed terminated and a message will be communicated via Instagram to that effect.
Promotion Entities hereby disclaim any responsibility for, and make no guarantees or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to adequacy of cellular coverage, or devices, or any other equipment or data used or available during the Promotion, or any element thereof. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Instagram, device, service provider, network or equipment malfunction, failure, incompatibility, unavailability, nor for the failure to provide clues, nor the inability to participate, nor for any human or technical error, or traffic/transportation interruptions, congestion, slow-downs, stoppages, or any force majeure, or any other causes similar or dissimilar which interfere with entrants’ ability to in any way participate in the Promotion, or any element thereof. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by entrant’s mobile plan and/or on-line service will apply. This Promotion may not be available via all mobile carriers. Standard messaging & data rates apply to internet access via mobile devices. Other charges may apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details.
Prize awards are subject to compliance and verification. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by being the first (in Sponsor’s representative’s sole and absolute judgment) to provide the correct response to a tie-breaker clue administered between the tied participants/teams only.
Participation in the Promotion and any element thereof is governed and subject to these official rules and any Event instructions and directions provided at any time (whether verbally or written) by Sponsor’s Authorized Representative during an Event. All rules of the Promotion, an Event, activity, participation, timing, clues, Locations, execution of the Event (including prize claim requirements/fulfillment), selection of the winners and all other determinations relating to an Event will be made by Sponsor or its Authorized Representative, whose decisions are final and binding. Such Event instructions are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. Should there be any inconsistency between these official rules and the instructions of a scavenger hunt Event, these official rules will prevail, govern and control. Participants who in Sponsor’s or its Authorized Representative’s sole and absolute judgment, are or appear to be at any time non-compliant, cheating, fraudulent, violent, a danger (to themselves or others), out-of-control, unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, offensive, vulgar, harassing, under the influence, or are in any other respect not acting within the spirit of the Promotion or whose actions may bring Sponsor’s products or brands into disrepute will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to immediately refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any participant at any time prior to, during or after an Event, and if previously adjudged a potential winner, will require prize forfeiture and return. Potential winners MUST remain at the location to be verified, execute the required releases, and to receive their Prize. Non-winners will NOT be awarded a prize.
4. PRIZES: all prizes will be awarded assuming sufficient eligible prize claims are made at each Event.
Limit one (1) prize per person, per Event. Prize award is subject to verification and eligibility of the potential winners. In no event will Promotion Entities be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded.
Potential winners may be required to execute and return either a Declaration of Eligibility, Publicity and Liability Release (for potential Grand Prize winners only), or a Publicity Release (all other potential winners). In the event of non-compliance, inability to notify potential winner or a potential winner’s failure to timely respond at any time, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate qualifying winner (based on timing) will be selected at the Event. No sale, barter, transfer or assignment of a prize in whole or in part to any third party permitted. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize offered, except by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of comparable value. Transportation and lodging are not provided as part of the prize. Winners will be responsible for all transportation, gratuities, meals, lodging, and any other incidental costs, fees or expenses not identified in these rules. If the event, or any element thereof, is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason, winners will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets are subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures. Tickets are awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke winner’s license, and the tickets will not be honored. Prizes consist only of the items listed as part of the prize. Talent is subject to availability. Any difference in ARV and actual value will not be awarded as cash or otherwise. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, and federal taxes, if any, and any other expenses, fees and/or costs incurred in claiming or using a prize.
5. DISCLAIMER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities are NOT responsible for any: (a) technical, equipment or human failure, malfunctions or error, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, communication disruption, lack of coverage, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone/cell phone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Website or to complete a telephone call or transaction, or late, lost or misdirected clues, stored information, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s device, phone, computer or equipment related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; or (b) force majeure, or any other events or situations beyond the reasonable control of any of the Promotion Entities. Prizes or prize notifications that are unclaimed, returned, undeliverable, not timely responded to, or otherwise un-awarded will be forfeited and will NOT be re-awarded. If any situation of whatever nature impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion or element thereof in whole or in part, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion or Event (in its discretion) without prior notice. Sponsor and the Promotion Entities are not liable for errors, printer errors, or issuance of any inaccurate announcements, notifications or misprinted or irregular marketing materials or communications.
By entering and participating in the Promotion or any part thereof, participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and all other Promotion Entities, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from any and all alleged or actual claims (including without limitation personal and bodily injury, wrongful death and disability, property damage), actions, demands, settlements (whether or not litigation is commenced), judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (collectively “Claims”) arising from or related, in whole or in part, to participation in this Promotion, any Event related activity (including but not limited to travel to/from locations and/or any other travel to/from and/or participation in Event and/or prize related activities), delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Promotion Entities and/or their agents. In no event will Promotion Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your participation in this Promotion, Event or prize related activities, or access to, and use of, any participating internet site(s) or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site(s). By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants and any winner covenant to the fullest extent permitted by law not to sue any Released Party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released above, and not to disaffirm, limit or rescind this release. A waiver by one or more of the Promotion Entities of any term in these official rules does not constitute a waiver of any other provision.
By participating in any Event and/or accepting a prize, participants and winner consent (and agree to confirm such consent in writing) to the Promotion Entities’ use of his/her name, likeness, image, photograph, video, and/or biographical information in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed for trade, advertising and/or publicity purposes with no right of review and at no additional compensation.
6. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed sufficiently U.S. stamped envelope to: adidas 2015 Scavenger Hunt Winner Name Request, Action Marketing Group, 3020 Carbon Pl., Ste 300, Boulder, CO 80301. Limit one request per person, or household. Requests must be received by February 27, 2015.