Champs Sports is giving everyone the chance to watch the best players in the world play. How can you fulfill that dream? All Champs Sports asks of the fans out there is that you show off your #ChampsGameFace. Go to your local Champs Sports store to take a picture (yes, we’re down with selfies) of your #ChampsGameFace and submit the image on Twitter or Instagram with a #ChampsGameFace hashtag. Show off your fandom, swagger, or even your latest Champs Sports gear in front of the store, and you will be automatically entered to win an all-expense paid trip to Game 4 (June 11).
The grand prize will be awarded at 11:59 a.m. PST on June 4. Yet even after that, contestants will still be able to win. All of you will be entered to win exclusive footwear from Air Jordan–including some June, July, and August releases–as well as $100 gift cards. Winners will be chosen for each game of the biggest basketball series of the year.
Finally, even if all else fails, you could still see your image on a Champs Sports social media account. This won’t increase your chances of winning but, hey, it’s still extra swag points to keep your social presence lit.
Enter today for a chance to win. Check the rules below.
Follow Sean on Twitter at @seanesweeney
*** *** ***
Champs Sports “#ChampsGameFace” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ENTER. A PRIZE WON BY A MINOR IN HIS OR HER LEGAL JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCY WILL BE AWARDED IN THE NAME OF SAID MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
1. Eligibility: Open and offered only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older. Employees and non-employee workers of Champs Sports (“Sponsor”) located at 311 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205, and Brandmovers, Inc. (“Administrator”) located at 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to participate or enter. Void in AK, HI, and where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 29, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 19, 2015, or after the last game played during the finals, whichever occurs first (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) Grand Prize entry period and up to seven (7) Game Day entry periods (collectively, “Entry Periods”). The Grand Prize Entry Period shall begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on May 29, 2015 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 4, 2015 (“Grand Prize Entry Period”). The seven (7) Game Day entry periods will be as follows (each, a “Game Day Entry Period”):
a. The first Game Day Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on May 29, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 4, 2014. Entries made during the first Game Day Entry Period will simultaneously be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
b. The second Game Day Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 5, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 7, 2015.
c. The third Game Day Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 8, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 9, 2015.
d. The fourth Game Day Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 10, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 11, 2015.
e. The fifth Game Day Entry Period, if applicable (see note below) will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 12, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 14, 2015.
f. The sixth Game Day Entry Period, if applicable (see note below) will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 15, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 16, 2015.
g. The seventh Game Day Entry Period, if applicable (see note below) will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. PT on June 17, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on June 19, 2015.
PLEASE NOTE: The number of Game Day Entry Periods depends on how many final games are actually played (whichever team wins the most games, the best four (4) out of seven (7)). Non-winning entries from any Entry Period will be carried over to subsequent Entry Periods.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s (or entrant’s parent’s/legal guardian’s, if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter:
(1) Twitter: To enter via Twitter, during the Sweepstakes Period, upload your selfie showing off your fandom, swagger, or latest Champs Sports gear in front of any Champs Sports store location (“Photo”) to Twitter using the hashtag #ChampsGameFace” AND tag @champssports to receive one (1) entry into the then-current Entry Period;
(2) Instagram: To enter via Instagram, during the Sweepstakes Period, upload your Photo (defined above) to Instagram, using the hashtag #ChampsGameFaceEntry” AND tag @champssports to receive one (1) entry into the then-current Entry Period;
(3) Email: To enter via Email, during the Sweepstakes Period, send your Photo (defined above) via email to ChampsGameFace@brandmovers.com to receive one (1) entry into the then-current Entry Period;
To enter without visiting a Champs Store location, visit blog.champssports.com to find and print off the Champs Store logo to feature in your Photo. All entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. PT the last day of each Entry Period (defined in Official Rule 2 above) to be entered into that Entry Period’s random drawing. Twitter and Instagram Entries must include the hashtag #ChampsGameFace” AND tag @champssports or they will be forfeited. The Photo submitted must not: (a) violate anyone’s rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; (b) portray Sponsor or its services in a negative light; or (c) contain any content that is inappropriate or indecent, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit: one (1) entry per person/Twitter account, one (1) entry per person/Instagram account and one entry per person/Email account per Entry Period. Anyone attempting to get more than three (3) entries total per Entry Period may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
PLEASE NOTE: To enter, entrants must adjust their Instagram and/or Twitter account settings to allow for receipt of messages from Sponsor. For this purpose, entrants will have to set their Instagram and/or Twitter account settings to ‘Public’, and take any further necessary steps to ensure receipt of any communication from Sponsor. It is solely entrant’s burden to take any steps necessary to adjust their Instagram and/or Twitter account settings so that messages can be sent by Sponsor. An entrant’s non-receipt of a message from Sponsor for any reason, including for failure on behalf of entrant to adjust Instagram and/or Twitter account settings, shall be entrant’s, and not Sponsor’s fault. Similarly, Sponsor shall not be held liable if they are not able to view an entrant’s entry for any reason, including the failure on behalf of entrant to adjust their Instagram and/or Twitter account settings accordingly. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that the Sponsor has the right to contact the entrant by direct message via entrant’s Instagram or Twitter accounts provided upon registrations to administer and fulfill this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Instagram. By entering, you are providing the information to Sponsor, and not to Twitter and Instagram. WHEN YOU UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO YOU AUTHORIZE SPONSOR TO USE YOUR PHOTO WITHOUT COMPENSATION.
5. Random Drawings/How Winners are Chosen: Grand Prize winner: On or about June 5, 2015, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Grand Prize Entry Period in a random drawing to be conducted by Administrator on behalf of the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the Grand Prize Entry Period. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by Administrator via email or direct message the day of the random drawing. Failure to respond to the notification within forty-eight hours will be deemed forfeiture of the Grand Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, time permitting. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for email or direct message notifications that are undeliverable. The Grand Prize winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if Grand Prize winner is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release prior to and as a condition of being awarded the Grand Prize. If Grand Prize winner is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence, the guest must be the Grand Prize winner’s parent/legal guardian. Game Day winners: On or about the day after the end day of each Game Day Entry Period as set forth in Official Rule #2 a-g above, one (1) First Prize winner and two (2) Runner-Up winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during that Game Day Entry Period in a random drawing to be conducted by Administrator on behalf of the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the applicable Game Day Entry Period. The First Prize and Runner-Up prize winners will be notified by Administrator via email or direct message the day of the random drawing. Failure to respond to the notification within five business days will be deemed forfeiture of the First or Runner-Up Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, time permitting. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for email or direct message notifications that are undeliverable.
Limit one (1) prize per person throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
6. Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize – A Trip for Two (2) to Game 4 on June 11, 2015: Trip includes: first-class airfare for two (2) people from airport nearest Grand Prize winner’s home to Cleveland, OH. Two-nights hotel accommodations at a Sponsor-specified 4-star hotel (one room, double occupancy); ground transportation to/from hotel/game; two (2) tickets to Game 4 on June 11, 2015; and a $500 Sponsor-specified gift card for incidentals. ARV: $12,250.00. Any difference between the stated retail value and actual value will not be awarded. In the event Grand Prize winner resides within 150 miles of Cleveland, OH, ground transportation will be awarded in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. In the event the game is postponed, cancelled, delayed or otherwise interrupted, or the Sponsor is unable to secure tickets, Sponsor will substitute the tickets for a prize of equal or greater value and Sponsor shall have no further obligations to Grand Prize winner. Any picture identification requirements or other requirements associated with travel are the winners’ and their guests’ responsibility. The winner and guest must travel together on the same travel itinerary and on dates specified by Sponsor. Travel restrictions may apply. If winner is unable to travel on dates specified, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and another winner may be chosen, time permitting, at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any postponements or cancellations associated with any prize element. Costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner, including additional ground transportation, meals and gratuities. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize winner with an IRS Form 1099 reflecting of the Grand Prize, or such other governmental tax forms that may be necessary, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Up to seven (7) First Prizes – One (1) pair of 2015 summer Air Jordan Retro release shoes (4 to choose from by Champs Sports listed below). If the particular first prize is requested after its release date by the winner, that first prize (Retro Jordan) will be disqualified and the winner will have to choose another pair. (6/13 Jordan Retro 13 Low Release: Black/Metallic Gold-University Red-White Style Code: 310810-027, 7/4 Jordan Retro 6 Low Release: White/Infrared 23-Black Style Code: 304401-123, 7/18 Jordan Retro 7 Bordeaux lack/Bordeaux-Light Graphite-Midnight Fog Style Code: 304775-034 and 8/1 Retro 11 Low IE White/Cobalt-Zen Grey-Cement Grey 306008-102 )ARV: $200.00 each. Each First Prize winner has the option to exchange the shoe for a $200.00 Champs Sports gift card. Up to fourteen (14) Runner-Up Prizes – A $100.00 Champs Sports Gift Card. Total ARV of all prizes is $15,050.00. No prize transfer or cash substitutes allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability or for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value.
7. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, including their parents and affiliates, from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners via random drawing(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities as set forth above, and their respective parents and affiliates, are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
10. Disputes/Governing Law: Entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Fulton County under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Georgia state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Georgia law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Fulton County, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sweepstakes Entities shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Fulton County. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Fulton County; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
12. Sweepstakes Winners List/Official Rules: For the names of the winners and/or a copy of the official rules, see send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit postage) to: Champs Sports “#ChampsGameFace” Winners/Rules (specify which), c/o Brandmovers, Inc., 1575 Northside Drive, Building 200, Atlanta, GA 30318, to be received by June 30, 2015.
13. Sponsor: CHAMPS SPORTS, 311 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205.